Try this quick and easy Chinese chicken roll recipe.
- 4 whole Chicken Thighs, deboned
- 1 teaspoon Fermented Yellow bean paste (Puning Taucheo)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Ginger juice
- 20 grams Grounded Blue ginger (Galangal)
- 4 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 50 millilitres Water
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Chilli padi, finely sliced
- 50 grams Yellow soy beans, boiled and drained
- Cucumber slices
- Spring Onions, sliced
- Coriander Leaves
- Mix bean paste and sesame paste together with ginger juice. Marinate the chicken pieces with this mixture.
- On an inverted stainless steel prep tray, wipe with a damp cloth first and stretch a piece of microwavable cling wrap over the surface. Place a piece of marinated chicken on it and roll over Pull both ends tight and roll the chicken into a roulade. Lock both ends with a dead knot each and double secure with aluminum foil.
- Steam chicken for 20minutes. Allow the chicken to cool down to warm temperature before cutting.
- Combine ingredients for blue ginger dipping sauce and allow it to sit for 30-60mins minimum.
- Slice the chicken and arrange on serving dish with boiled soy beans as base, garnish with spring onions and coriander. Serve dipping sauce on the side.